PARROT EQUINE VALUES THE HEALTH OF EQUINE ANIMALS
It is a good idea to become familiar with your horse’s vital signs. If you don’t know how to check them, ask your veterinarian to show you. In the event of an illness or emergency, this information will provide us with a more complete medical profile.
Normal Vital Signs of an Adult Horse
- Temperature: 98.5 – 100.5
- Pulse: 32 – 40 beats/minute
- Respiration: 8 – 16 breaths/minute
- Capillary Refill Time: less than 2 seconds
- Mucous Membranes: moist and pink